Players Code of Conduct - SAMBA (2019)
As a Player of SAMBA, I agree to the following Code of Conduct:
1. I will attend every practice and game that is reasonably possible and notify my coach if I cannot attend. I will be on time for practice and games.
2. I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches. I will give my best effort at all times, exhibited by hustle (running on and off the field) and a positive attitude, whether in warm-ups, practices, or games, whether winning or losing.
3. I will do my best at school and not let baseball interfere with my grades.
4. I will always remember that baseball is a game and is meant to be fun. I will control my temper and use my energy for playing better baseball. I understand that if I intentionally throw my bat helmet, glove or any piece of equipment that I will be subject to ejection from the game at the discretion of the umpire.
5. I will be supportive of my coaches and my teammates at all times, by offering positive comments and refraining from making negative comments, or placing blame. I will remember every player makes errors and has off days. I will never ridicule opponents or teammates.
6. I will play by the rules of the game. I will play hard but in a safe and responsible manner. I will not intentionally endanger another player in any way. I will avoid inappropriate behavior, including the use of profanity or other inappropriate language, during practices, games and other team activities.
7. I will bring a strong desire to win, but also the ability to handle defeat. I will be humble in victory, gracious in defeat.
8. I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, umpires and fans at every game and practice. I will not trash talk, taunt, or root against the opposing team. I will refrain from outbursts against the umpire and shall let the coach handle all umpire issues.
9. I will help maintain order and cleanliness of the team dugout, by picking up any loose equipment and refraining from any horseplay. I will help to ensure that we leave the dugout neater than we found it.
10. I will come to practices and games with proper equipment (appropriate protective equipment, cleats, uniform, practice wear, water bottle, etc.) I will treat personal and team equipment with respect at all times, placing items in the proper place and position in the dugout.
11. I will encourage my parents to be involved in my team in some capacity because it is important to me.